Coax Network Planning
SunVizion Coax Network Planning tool is designed to support Cable Operators and Triple Play Service Providers in their network expansion plans. It significantly reduces the time and cost of the design, analysis and implementation of new networks. SunVizion Network Planning is a natural extension of the SunVizion Network Inventory solution.
SunVizion Network Planning provides a number of functionalities dedicated to HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax) Triple Play networks. It supports design and modeling of passive and active elements of the coax network, including: port types, attenuation and amplification characteristics of each port, etc. Based on these functionalities it is possible to analyze signal levels, control power budget, verify service availability and predict behavior of the network in case of failures or outages.
Key Functions and Features
- Efficient design of new coax infrastructure for triple play networks based on HFC (Hybrid Fiber Coax).
- Network project management (creation, edition, change tracking, unification with current network view)
- Designing bandwidth allocation and calculating the channel plan available in particular parts of the network.
- Signal flow-tracking capabilities for forward and reverse channels starting from an optical node up to distribution boxes.
- Planning power supplies and electrical parameters of passive and active network elements.
- Libraries of pre-modelled coax network elements and devices.
- Reverse channel (IP segment) and power segment visualization.
- Modeling of active network elements capable of amplifying the reverse channel.
- Detection of power supplies conflicts, and calculation of power consumed by each element.
- Automatic generation of a bill of material report for newly designed networks.
- Presentation of auxiliary documents associated with an object (possible integration with external repository)